Friday, February 2, 2007

Article in Indiafm



Ralph Fiennes is bowled over by Big B

By Subhash K. Jha, January 29, 2007 - 01:48 IST

Last week Vinod Chopra invited that very fine actor Ralph Fienness from Schindler's List and An English Patient to watch Vinod's new film Eklavya.

Says the director, “Ralph Fiennes was here for his Unicef work. It was a private visit. He saw my Ekalvya with me. There was just the two of us. He sat two seats away from me. He was so moved. He told me he wept." Fienness insisted on meeting the Big B.

Smiles Vinod, "At the end of the film, he applauded spontaneously. On an impulse he went with me to Mr Amitabh Bachchan's house. For once Mr Bachchan seemed completely moved by the compliments. Here was one of the greatest actors in the world praising Mr Bachchan telling him his performance in Eklavya was among the best he has seen. For once I think Mr Bachchan took me seriously. I keep telling him Eklavya is his career's best."

No comments: